American Physicians Network (APN) worldwide network of physicians and surgeons who have demonstrated excellence in their specialty and provide outstanding patient care. If you would like to join APN, please review the information below that describes APN Membership application process and on-going requirements.
APN Membership Requirements
Completed APN Membership Application
To apply to join APN, prospective members must submit a packet of information for review including Cover Letter, CV, Professional Photo, Board Certification & Licensure, and Proof of Surgical Privileges. All materials must be submitted, with the applicant certifying the information as true and accurate, before the review process begins.
- Cover Letter – All applicants must submit a Cover Letter that includes a brief introduction, statement about experience and areas of specialty focus, and explain why the applicant would like to join APN.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – All applicants must submit a CV document that includes their Full Legal Name, Date of Birth, Contact Information (including physical address. mailing addresses, email address, and telephone numbers), Education History (including description of program length as well as any specialty or fellowship training courses), Work History, Hospital Affiliations (including hospital address and contact information), Professional Memberships, Professional Appointments, Publications, and at least three Professional References.
- Professional Photo (Head Shot) – All applicants must submit a Professional Photo that include a picture that shows the applicant’s head and shoulders.
- Medical Degree, Board Certification & Active Medical Licensure – All applicants must submit documentation of their Medical Degree, current Board Certification, and active Medical Licensure in their medical or surgical specialty. All documentation is subject to verification.
- Proof of Hospital and/or Surgical Privileges – All applicants must submit documentation of their active Hospital and/or Surgical Privileges at a Joint Commission International approved facility. All documentation is subject to verification.
Medical Degree, Board Certification & Active Medical Licensure
All applicants must hold a Medical Degree, current Board Certification, and active Medical Licensure in their medical or surgical specialty. If the applicant specializes in an area of specialized treatment, such as minimally invasive surgery or robot-assisted surgery, the applicant must also provide documentation of any additional specialty training related to their procedures such as courses, residencies, fellowships, and any mastery courses. This may include a case log as well as a letter of completion from the course instructor.
Hospital and/or Surgical Privileges
All applicants must be able to demonstrate active surgical privileges at a Joint Commission International approved facility.
Criminal Background Check
All APN applicants must agree to and be able to pass a criminal background check.
Interview & Initial On-Site Inspection Visit
Once the APN Membership application packet has been reviewed, and the applicant passes a criminal background check, APN will notify the applicant and begin the second step of the application process. APN will work with the applicant to schedule an interview with the Executive Director as well as an on-site inspection visit. The on-site inspection visit dates will be coordinated with the applicant.
This on-site inspection visit must include a visit and inspection of the physician’s office and hospital facilities, all sites where patient clients of APN will be evaluated or receive treatment, as well as any recovery facilities for patient clients who undergo surgical procedures. The site visit must also include a visit to the operating suite for observation of surgical procedures, including anesthesia induction and monitoring.
APN Member Certification & On-Going Requirements
Following successful completion of the above steps, applicants will become APN Members and invited to join the APN’s worldwide community. APN will conduct periodic on-site visits to verify quality standards compliance.